Our healthy and delicious salmon recipe is a great way to get more veggies into your diet.
200g trimmed, halved Brussel sprouts
2 baby fennel, cut into wedges
4 baby potatoes cut into 5mm slices
250g broccoli, cut into florets
4 sprigs of thyme, plus extra to serve
250g ready-to-eat baby beetroot, cut into wedges
500g salmon fillets with skin removed
60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
2tbs red wine vinegar
80g crumbled goat’s cheese
- Line a large baking tray with parchment or baking paper and preheat oven to 220°C.
- Mix half a tablespoon of the oil with broccoli, potatoes, thyme, fennel and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to thoroughly combine. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. Add the beetroot for the last 10 minutes of cooking time and cook until vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the salmon for approximately two minutes on each side or until it is done to your liking. Transfer the salmon to a plate and set aside for a couple of minutes to rest before coarsely flaking it.
- Mix the vinegar and remaining oil in a small boil and season to taste.
- Divide the vegetables between four serving plates and top with the flaked salmon and goat’s cheese and extra time. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.