Detoxing your body can provide you with a sense of improved health, energy and well-being. Here are some quick easy things to keep in mind to help you detox.
- Just a few minutes deep breathing each day can help by enabling you to relax while allowing oxygen to fully circulate throughout your body.
- Eat plenty of vitamin C rich foods to boost your production of glutathione as this is a powerful antioxidant that will help rid your body of toxins.
- Reduce your consumption of foods that have no nutritional value, such as highly refined foods and caffeinated and sugary drinks.
- Choose foods that are rich in fibre, including fresh fruits and vegetables, and plenty of leafy greens and whole grains.
- Get plenty of exercise as this helps blood circulation, bringing fresh nutrients and oxygen to organs and muscles, while sweat helps release toxins through the skin.
- Drink plenty of water to help flush out toxins and waste. If you don’t like water, try flavouring it with cucumber or fresh mint.
- Cruciferous vegetables are great for detoxing so make sure you eat plenty of broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.
- Get a massage, as this can be excellent for releasing toxins trapped in tissues.
- Dry skin brushing helps to stimulate blood circulation, improving the elimination of toxins.
Take an Epsom salt bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.