These tasty tarts make a nice guilt-free treat for you and your family and are very quick and easy to make.
2tsp vanilla extract
2 cups almond meal
2tbsp rice malt syrup
2tbsp coconut flour
11/2tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1tbsp rice malt syrup
2 rhubarb stalks, sliced into 12 pieces
125g sliced strawberries
150g coconut yoghurt
Small handful of finely sliced mint leaves
- Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tray and preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place ingredients for crust into food processor and mix until you have a dough. Divide into 12 and press the crust into muffin tin.
- Bake tart shells in oven for eight minutes until they are golden. Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Place rhubarb pieces on a lined baking tray and drizzle with rice malt syrup. Cover with foil and cook in oven for 15 minutes before removing foil and cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Divide coconut yoghurt between tart shells, top each with a piece of rhubarb, some strawberry slices and garnish with mint leaves.
Makes 12 tarts which are best enjoyed immediately!