Some of your New Year’s resolutions may have fallen by the wayside, so instead make a few small practical changes that are easy to keep.
- Make breakfast your biggest meal of the day because your metabolism is faster in the mornings.
- Eat more plants and going meat-free for even a day a week can have major health benefits.
- Start lifting weights to boost metabolism and muscle mass. You will still be burning extra calories hours after working out.
- Try skipping to improve coordination, strengthen your core and calm the mind. Still not convinced? Just 10 minutes of skipping provides similar health benefits to a 45-minute run.
- Eat your dinner 2 to 3 hours before going to sleep. Going to bed immediately after eating affects your diaphragm, impacting the position of your colon, gallbladder and heart.
- Take a short walk after every meal. Walking for less than two hours a week is associated with a third lower risk for respiratory disease and lowers your risk of dying from heart disease or cancer.
- Aim to get eight hours rest each night and the optimum time to go to bed is 10:39 PM!