Mushrooms are an amazing fat-free food, here are seven reasons why you should think about incorporating mushrooms into your diet.
- Mushrooms contain vitamins C, B12 and B6 which are important for boosting your immune system.
- They contain selenium, an antioxidant that can protect cells from damage.
- Mushrooms are low-calorie and help to fill you up.
- Mushrooms contain copper which is essential for heart health and for producing blood cells.
- White mushrooms are a good source of vitamin D, which is important for preventing osteoporosis.
- Just one medium sized Portobello mushroom contains as much potassium as a medium-sized banana.
- Mushrooms are rich in phytochemicals and eating them has been linked to a potentially lowering the risk of developing some cancers.