Staying healthy is important for your physical as well as oral health. Eating well is a great way to ensure that you maintain your health – this month we look at the benefits of eating corn. Did you know that corn:
- is a good source of soluble and insoluble fibre and will aid your digestion
- contains phytonutrients that can reduce the risk of certain digestive cancers,
- is high in folate and may reduce your risk of heart disease and other cardiovascular illnesses,
- contains vitamin C and bioflavonoids and carotenoids that can be useful in controlling cholesterol levels (sweet corn),
- contains folic acid and some B vitamins which can help prevent anemia (sweet corn),
- can help to manage non-insulin dependent diabetes,
- is a great source of beta carotene which forms vitamin A which is essential for healthy eyes.