Everybody loves lasagne, but it can be a hassle to make so why not try this one-skillet recipe?
2 x 400ml jars of spaghetti sauce
2/3 cup condensed cream of onion soup
340g ground beef
1 400g can diced tomatoes with oregano, basil & garlic
2 minced cloves garlic
2 large, lightly beaten eggs
3/4tsp Italian seasoning
½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup partly skimmed, shredded mozzarella cheese
1-1/4 cup cottage cheese
9 no-cook lasagna pasta sheets
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown the beef and soften garlic. Drain and stir in tomatoes and spaghetti sauce and heat through. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Mix the cottage cheese, Italian seasoning, soup and eggs in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of meat sauce in the skillet and layer with 1 cup of cottage cheese mixture, 1- 1½ cups of meat sauce and half the noodles. Continue layering with cottage cheese, meat sauce and noodles before topping with remaining meat sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Let stand for two minutes until cheese has melted.