Celebrate this Valentine’s Day with our easy and tasty vegetarian recipe. As well as using mushrooms, this recipe includes quinoa, adding a nutty flavour and light texture to this healthy dish.
- 350 g of sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 100g quinoa
- 175g risotto rice
- 1litre hot vegetable stock
- 1tbs olive oil
- Handful of fresh thyme leaves
- 50g bag of rocket to serve
- Grated Parmesan or vegetarian alternative to serve
- In a medium pan, heat the oil and sauté the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes before stirring in the quinoa. In a separate pan, keep the vegetable stock warm. Add a ladle of the stock and stir until absorbed. Add the rice and stir in another ladle of the stock. Continue this process until the rice and quinoa are fully cooked and all the stock has been absorbed.
- Stir in the thyme leaves and divide the risotto between four plates or bowls. Serve topped with grated Parmesan and rocket leaves.