Tasty, warming and quick to prepare, this recipe includes seasonal, healthy mushrooms.
250g coarsely chopped Carisma potatoes
8 free-range eggs
6 rashers chopped, rindless middle bacon
1 red onion, half finely chopped and half thinly sliced
30g shredded cheddar
Zest from 1 lemon
200g halved cup mushrooms
1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley
- Cook potatoes until tender and whisk eggs and milk together in a medium bowl. Season.
- Preheat grill on high and heat a non-stick 21 cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the chopped onion, mushroom and bacon for five minutes until the onion softens and bacon is browned.
- Add potato and cook while stirring for one minute. Add the egg mixture and reduce heat to low.
- Top mushroom mixture with ricotta and sprinkle with cheddar. Cook for seven minutes until egg is nearly set.
- Finish frittata under grill for three minutes until golden and set.
- Serve with sliced onion, parsley leaves and lemon zest.