Here at Apple Dental we know flossing can be tricky and for some people it may even seem easier to avoid however flossing is essential if you want healthy gums and teeth and once you know how it’s really quite simple.
- Break off a piece of floss approximately 30cm long.
- Wrap the ends around your middle fingers so you can easily use your index fingers and thumbs to manipulate the floss.
- Gently slide the floss down in between your teeth, taking it just to below the gum line.
- Wrap the floss around the tooth and move it up and down, getting rid of as much plaque as possible before removing it.
- Use a fresh section for the next tooth and continue until you have thoroughly cleaned in between all of your teeth.
If you’re still not sure about flossing or want some further advice we can always help with a quick practical demonstration in the surgery. There are also alternative tools such as interdental brushes and soft picks that can be used if you are still struggling with flossing.