Whether you wish to eat organic for health or taste reasons, it can be a more expensive option. We’ve outlined a few simple tips to help stretch your organic food budget.
- Look for grocery stores that have their own organic brands
- Plan your meals using items on special offer or which have been marked down
- Compare prices of frozen, canned and dried organic foods to fresh. These can be much cheaper and equally as good when properly prepared
- If you can, buy organic foods in bulk when they are on offer
- Consider growing your own organic produce or look and see if there is a local community garden
- Shop for seasonal produce
Farmers markets often offer great locally grown produce that may well be organic and you’ll help reduce your carbon footprint at the same time.