Mushrooms are tasty and are packed full of essential nutrients. Here’s why you should be eating more mushrooms.
- Mushrooms are low in carbohydrates and have no cholesterol or fat. They contain enzymes that help lower cholesterol levels.
- Mushrooms are a great source of iron.
- Mushrooms are a source of linoleic acid and beta-glucans which are known to have anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Mushrooms contain vitamin D which helps the absorption of calcium and phosphorus.
- They also provide calcium which is essential for healthy teeth and bones.
- Mushrooms have natural antibiotics that help inhibit fungal infections and microbial growth.
- Ergothioneine is a powerful antioxidant that is found in mushrooms, helping to boost the immune system.