Great nutrition is essential for a healthy mouth and here are five tips to help you make healthy food choices.
- Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins C, protecting your gums. Good foods to choose include tomatoes, oranges, strawberries.
- Get plenty of dairy for vitamin D and calcium which helps promote healthy teeth and bones. Good sources include sugar-free, low-fat yoghurts, milk and cheeses.
- Snack on raw, crunchy fruits and veggies as these foods have a slight scrubbing action on teeth while the high-water content helps promote saliva production.
- Choose leafy dark green vegetables such as spinach and broccoli because they contain folic acid, supporting cell growth and cell repair.
- Don’t forget to rehydrate with water or unsweetened green or black tea.