Carrots are a tasty and crunchy vegetable enjoyed by both adults and children. Well known for improving vision, carrots have plenty of other health benefits.
- Researchers have found a compound in carrots called falcarinol, a natural pesticide which may have anti-cancer benefits.
- Carrots contain carotenoids which are associated with a lower risk of heart disease.
- Vitamin A in carrots helps to detoxify the liver and other nutrients help prevent dry skin.
- They have anti-aging properties as carrots contain beta-carotene which is a powerful antioxidant.
- Carrots are great for dental health because they stimulate saliva flow. Raw carrots have a slight scrubbing action on teeth, helping to remove plaque although of course they are never a substitute for brushing and flossing.