Flax seeds are a superfood as these tiny nutrient-dense seeds are packed with lots of good things and it is worth adding them to your diet every day.
- Flax seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids which help prevent depression and memory loss and are important for overall brain health.
- They are rich in fibre, as just three tablespoons contains half the daily requirement.
- Flax seeds are any easy way to add more protein to your diet. A three tablespoon serving contains 10g of protein.
- Flax seeds contain 800 times more lignans than any other food and this may help fight osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease.
- Eating flax seeds could have a protective effect against certain cancers, including prostrate, colon and breast cancer.
- Eating flax seeds helps to stabilise blood sugar levels and may help reduce the effects of diabetes.
- Consuming flax seeds can help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels by between 25% and 65%.
- Supplementing your diet with flax seeds could help manage blood pressure levels.