Avocados are a tasty addition to any meal, but just in case you need any more convincing, we’ve listed eight reasons why you should include them in your diet.
1. Avocados contain more potassium than bananas.
2. Avocados contain monounsaturated fatty acids that are great for heart health.
3. They have lots of fibre that is beneficial for weight loss and for metabolic health, and for healthy gut bacteria.
4. Eating avocados can help cholesterol levels, lowering bad or LDL cholesterol while increasing HDL or good cholesterol.
5. The fat in avocados can help you absorb important nutrients from plant foods, as many of these nutrients are fat soluble.
6. The antioxidants in avocados can protect your eyes as they contain nutrients called Zeaxanthin and Lutein, both of which are important for eye health.
7. Avocados can be good for dieters, increasing satiety and making it easier to stick to a healthy diet.
8. Avocados are easy to use and can be added to salads or simply eaten plain. They blend well with other ingredients so why not add them to your next meal?