As part of the Apple Dental commitment to Oral Health, we offer a dedicated dental hygiene department to assist our patients in obtaining optimal long-term dental health.
We recommend you visit our centre for regular check-up appointments with our Oral Health Therapist. Our Oral Health Therapist is our resident expert in oral health and oral hygiene and will provide regular cleanings to remove plaque and tartar deposits from hard to reach places. He will also assist you in achieving and maintaining optimal oral health.
Our Oral Health Therapist will perform the following tasks:
- Educate children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition
- Apply fluoride treatments
- Remove deposits and stains from teeth
- Assist in teeth whitening procedures
- Give post operative instructions
- Assist in the management of periodontal disease
- Take radiographs
- Take impressions for study models
- Give local anaesthetic for dental procedures
- Provide protective sealants on to molar teeth
In general, our Oral Health Therapist will use preventive, educational and therapeutic methods for controlling oral diseases which will in turn, help you achieve and maintain excellent dental health.
Manual toothbrushing instructions to remove plaque and bacteria
Instructions on how to clean your teeth wearing orthdontic appliances
Cleaning between teeth, interdental spaces using interdental brushes; to minimise decay spreading between
Cleaning between teeth, using hand-held proximal brushes
Cleaning teeth using soft-tufted brushes
Superfloss; to clean and remove plaque build up in between teeth
Steps of how tooth decay evolves