Our secret ingredient of a ready-to-eat barbecued chicken ensures this tasty pie is extra-easy and quick to prepare.
- Shredded meat from one small barbecued chicken
- 2 trimmed, halved and sliced leeks
- 400g peeled coliban potatoes, diced into 1cm cubes
- 2tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 sheet partially thawed ready- rolled puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add potatoes and leeks. Cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally until leeks feel tender but not coloured.
- Sprinkle flour over leek and potato mixture and cook while stirring for one minute. Take the pan off the heat and gradually add the stock, stirring continuously. Return the pan to a medium heat and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture comes to the boil. Add the cheese and chicken and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the pie mixture into a 26 cm ceramic pie dish or an ovenproof dish with a 5 cup capacity. Place the pastry over the filling and press edges to seal before trimming off excess. Cut a small cross in the centre and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Allow to stand for five minutes before serving.