Ensure your oral health with a routine check-up to maintain a healthy, happy smile.
Visiting the dentist is the first step in avoiding unexpected issues that could potentially end up costing you (or hurting you) down the track.
We know it often seems difficult to fit in dental visits but good preventative dental care will save you time and money. You only need to see us every six months here at Apple Dental for your regular check up and clean, probably less time than you spend at your hairdresser’s. During your visit, we can fully assess your current dental health, quickly detecting any problems. Your hygiene appointment helps maintain a healthy mouth by regularly removing plaque and tartar. We enjoy educating our patients, so if you’d like some great tips on how to brush and floss properly, then please just ask us as we’d love to help. A good brushing and flossing routine will only take a few minutes each day and could be all that’s required to maintain perfect oral health.
Would you like to put the very best dental hygiene in place today, to ensure you can retain your natural teeth tomorrow? Our team of Lane Cove dentists are committed to helping you achieve excellent dental hygiene and good health, by providing preventive dental treatments and quality, restorative dental procedures.
Preventive dentistry is one of the most important aspects of our dental practice. We aim to help you and your family achieve and maintain optimal dental health by focusing on early intervention and explaining the importance of good oral hygiene. With regular check-up appointments, we can detect and treat problems before they have a chance to develop and require more extensive treatment.
We have equipped our practice in Lane Cove with the latest oral hygiene technology, to perform detailed examinations and provide accurate and early diagnosis of tooth decay and periodontal (gum) disease. We keep ourselves up-to-date with the latest dental techniques to ensure you receive the best possible care.
Benefits of Professional Scaling & Cleaning
Your professional scale and clean is an easy way to maintain healthy teeth and gums. We’ve outlined five benefits of regularly seeing our hygiene team.
- Enjoy brighter and shinier teeth. Over time calculus can build up on your teeth and this hard substance can look yellow. Your professional scaling and cleaning removes all hardened calculus before your teeth are carefully polished, lifting some surface stains.
- Better gum health. Calculus contains infection-causing bacteria and regularly removing it reduces your risk of gum disease.
- Fresh breath. After having your teeth professionally cleaned you will probably notice your mouth feels extremely clean and this has a great effect on your breath.
- Protect your general health. Gum disease has been linked to many serious health conditions including diabetes, heart disease and even dementia and certain cancers. A professional scaling and cleaning is an effortless way to reduce your risk.
- Preventative care is cheaper. Over time, it’s far cheaper to prevent dental disease then to treat it and attending regular hygiene appointments helps to reduce your dental bills.
Why is it important to have a regular check up?
Here are a few reasons why you should come in for your regular check-up:
- Small problems are more straightforward to treat and can usually be detected at a stage where they don’t yet cause any symptoms, reducing your risk of suffering toothache and requiring emergency treatment.
- It is easier, quicker and more economical to treat minor tooth decay or early gum disease than waiting until things reach a far more critical stage, by which time you may even lose teeth.
- Hygiene appointments are a highly effective way to reduce your risk of gum disease and are a great way to keep your breath fresh. During your hygiene appointments we remove all hardened plaque or tartar and will gently polish your teeth, getting rid of some surface stains which can be nice way to brighten up your smile.
- Your regular check-ups include periodic screenings for oral cancer, a disease that can be much more successfully treated at an early stage and before you may have become aware of any changes to the inside of your mouth.
- This is your opportunity to talk to us about your oral health and any concerns you might have. Patient education is important to us so please do ask as we are here to help you.
Book your professional scale and clean with our Apple Dental team to discover our fresh approach to dentistry today.
About Our Dental Hygiene Department
As part of the Apple Dental commitment to Oral Health, we offer a dedicated dental hygiene department to assist our patients in obtaining optimal long-term dental health.
We recommend you visit our centre for regular check-up appointments with our Oral Health Therapist. Our Oral Health Therapist is our resident expert in oral health and oral hygiene and will provide regular cleanings to remove plaque and tartar deposits from hard to reach places. He will also assist you in achieving and maintaining optimal oral health.
Our Oral Health Therapist will perform the following tasks:
- Educate children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition
- Apply fluoride treatments
- Remove deposits and stains from teeth
- Assist in teeth whitening procedures
- Give post operative instructions
- Assist in the management of periodontal disease
- Take radiographs
- Take impressions for study models
- Give local anaesthetic for dental procedures
- Provide protective sealants on to molar teeth
In general, our Oral Health Therapist will use preventive, educational and therapeutic methods for controlling oral diseases which will in turn, help you achieve and maintain excellent dental health.