HomeVeal in Fennel and Tomato Sauce
Recipe: Veal in Fennel and Tomato Sauce
Jump to section
If you’re ready to take the next step towards a healthier, happier smile, book your appointment with us today.
If you fancy trying something warming yet healthy, why not give our recipe a go?
- 2 bulbs thinly sliced baby fennel
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 2tsp olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 6 chat potatoes cut into quarters
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 bunch trimmed broccolini
- 240g baby yellow squash, cut into quarters
- 8 veal leg steaks (approx. 60g each)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and gently warm the olive oil. Add onion, garlic and fennel and cook for 5 minutes, taking care to stir the ingredients. Add 1 tbsp. of cold water and cover and cook for another 5 minutes or until the fennel is tender.
- Add stock and tomatoes to the pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Partially cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Transfer contents to a bowl and keep warm. Wipe out the frying pan and put to one side.
- Fill a wok 1/3 full of boiling water. Put the broccolini, potatoes and squash into a steamer basket and steam, covered, over the simmering water for approximately 5-6 minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Take your frying pan and spray it with oil. Place on a medium-high heat and add veal. Cook for 1 minute on each side or until it is cooked to your liking. Return the sauce to the pan and heat for another 1-2 minutes. Serve with steamed vegetables and sprinkle with fresh basil.