HomeSummer Chicken Salad
Recipe: Summer Chicken Salad
Jump to section
If you’re ready to take the next step towards a healthier, happier smile, book your appointment with us today.
This tasty chicken salad has a hint of spice and is bound to become a family favourite.
- 750g chicken breast fillet
- 1tbsp mango chutney
- 1tbsp mild curry powder
- 1tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 trimmed, washed and dried butter lettuce
- 440g can pineapple pieces in natural juice
- 1 peeled mango, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 peeled, sliced avocado
- 1 small finely chopped brown onion
- ½ cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 thyme sprigs
- Place chicken in a single layer in a large pan and pour pineapple juice over the chicken, setting aside the pineapple pieces. Add thyme sprigs to chicken and bring to boil over a medium heat before reducing heat to low. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes before removing from heat.
- Set aside and allow the chicken to cool in poaching liquid before removing the chicken and reserving a ¼ cup of the liquid. Slice chicken diagonally.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Cook the onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until just soft and stir in chutney and curry powder. Remove pan from heat and stir through mayonnaise and reserved poaching liquid.
- Tear lettuce leaves in half and arrange on a serving platter. Top with pineapple pieces, mango, avocado, sliced chicken and macadamia nuts before drizzling with dressing. Season to taste and serve.