HomeSkillet Gnocchi with White Beans and Chard
Recipe: Skillet Gnocchi with White Beans and Chard
Jump to section
If you’re ready to take the next step towards a healthier, happier smile, book your appointment with us today.
This heart healthy dish will provide 50% of your Vitamin A, 40% of your Vitamin C and 19% of your calcium and iron requirements and it tastes great.
- 1tbs plus 1tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16oz packet of gnocchi
- 1 thinly sliced medium yellow onion
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- 6 cups chard leaves or you can use spinach
- 15oz can diced Italian tomatoes
- 15oz can white beans (rinsed)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded partly skimmed mozzarella cheese
- 1/4tsp freshly ground pepper
- Warm 1tbs olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook until just beginning to turn golden for about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and cook the onion over a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the water and garlic and cover and cook until the onion has softened. This should take about 5 minutes or so.
- Add the chard and cook until it begins to wilt, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes and pepper and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Return the gnocchi to the pan and sprinkle with both cheeses. Cook for about 3 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted.