HomeSausage and Broccoli Spaghetti
Recipe: Sausage and Broccoli Spaghetti
Jump to section
If you’re ready to take the next step towards a healthier, happier smile, book your appointment with us today.
Lower fat beef sausages add plenty of taste without unwanted calories or fat. Quick to cook, this recipe serves four.
- 375g lower fat beef sausages with casings removed
- 1 head of broccoli cut into small florets
- 120g baby rocket leaves
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 350g wholemeal spaghetti
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2tbs grated parmesan, plus more to serve
- 2tbs slivered, toasted almonds
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook spaghetti as directed on the packet until al dente. Add the broccoli for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving 125ml (1/2 cup) of cooking liquid and return spaghetti to pan.
- Process half the rocket plus the almonds, basil, parmesan and garlic until finely chopped. Keep the motor running as you add the oil in a fine, steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and cook the sausages, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 4 minutes until browned. Add the tomatoes and cook until they begin to soften, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sausage mix, the pesto and remaining rocket to the spaghetti and toss well to combine. Divide between four bowls and top with additional parmesan. Serve and enjoy.