Almonds are a popular and tasty nut and although quite high in fats, almonds are extremely healthy. Here are five reasons why you should add them to your diet.
- Almonds are loaded with nutrients, especially calcium which is great for your teeth, as well as magnesium, vitamin E and manganese.
- Almonds contain antioxidants. These are mainly found in the brown layer of skin on an almond so ideally snack on almonds that haven’t been blanched.
- Almonds help to regulate blood sugar levels, largely due to their high magnesium content.
- Almonds are beneficial for blood pressure levels, which is again due to magnesium, a mineral in which many people are deficient.
- Almonds can help to reduce cholesterol levels, lowering levels of bad LDL cholesterol.