This tasty vegetarian recipe will only take you half an hour to prep and cook.
- 375g dried thin spaghetti
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 slices finely chopped white bread with crusts removed
- 2 x 400g cans, drained and quartered artichoke hearts
- 1medium finely chopped brown onion
- 2 thinly sliced and deseeded long red chillies
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 50g butter
- 1/4cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Finely grate zest from 1 lemon and juice both lemons. Cook pasta according to packet instructions until just ender. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to saucepan.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and add bread and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes until just golden and transfer to bowl.
- Melt remaining butter in the frying pan and add onion and chilli. Cook, stirring until softened for about 3 minutes. Add pasta to pan and add lemon zest and juice, reserved liquid, artichokes, parsley and half the bread mixture. Combine the ingredients before topping with the rest of the bread mixture. Serve and enjoy.