Zucchini is a summer squash originating from South America and it has been cultivated for over 7,000 years. Technically a fruit, zucchini makes a tasty and healthy addition to your diet. We’ve listed five reasons why you should include zucchini in your next meal.
- Zucchini is great for your immune system as it contains high levels of vitamin C and high levels of anti-oxidants.
- Enhance your cardiovascular health as zucchini contains a special fibre called pectin. This has also been linked to a reduced risk of diabetes and lower cholesterol levels.
- The pectin in zucchini has anti-inflammatory properties, helping you to maintain a healthy gut, and pectin fibre is good for your digestion.
- Zucchini contains vitamin A, as well as potassium and folate, all of which your body needs to stay healthy.
- This is a great food for dieters, as zucchini has high water content and it is very versatile. Enjoy it steamed, raw, boiled, baked or grilled.